If you are planning to remove that tree stump in your garden, don’t! There are a number of ways to upcycle it into something beautiful and useful. For many people, a tree stump no longer serves any purpose, but with some creativity, it turns out that this leftover of nature can be transformed into awesome additions outside and even inside of your home.
Here are some tree stump arts idea to try:
● Tree Stump Planter – Make your rigid, dead tree stump a striking focal point that will instantly impress your guest by planting flowering or colourful plants or climbing plants to create a frame around the stump. Try these tree stump planter ideas or follow this step-by-step guide.
● Throne Stump – If the tree stump is high enough to make a comfortable chair, turn it into your very own throne where you can sit and read your favorite book or enjoy a cup of coffee or tea. Use a chainsaw to form the seat, sides, or decorative back.
● Outdoor Dining Table – If you enjoy outdoor dining, you can turn your tree stump into a dining table by placing a round or rectangular wood or old patio glass or a tempered glass on the stump.
● Fairy Land – Turn your tree stump into a fairy fantasy land, which will surely provide entertainment to your kids. Ask your children’s help in designing and decorating the tree stump with figurines of gnomes, fairies, lizards, butterflies, birds, and even cartoon characters. You can also create an island or magical house surrounded by whimsical creatures. Get inspiration and ideas from these broken pot fairy gardens.
● Board Games for Kids – Many kids spend more time on their smartphones playing games. Why not turn your dead tree stump into a board game where your children can gather around and play? You can paint it and turn it into a something that will entice them to play. It can be a platform for intellectual games, such as chess or checkers. You can also turn it into a tic-tac-toe and paint smooth rocks to resemble bumblebees and ladybugs.
● Pot Stand – If the process of making a planter is overwhelming, you can still create a pot stand from your tree stump. Hang or surround the stump with flowering or colourful potted plants. You can enhance or paint the stump to protect and enhance its natural look.
● Stump House – The existing tree stump can be used as the base structure of the tree house. This means there is no need to invest a lot of hard work and effort in building your kid’s awesome tree house.
However, if you think that the dead tree stump in your yard is causing more harm than good, contact an arborist in Newmarket and discuss how you can get rid of it.