When it comes to picking a cosmetic dentist, most people a variety of choices from which to choose. If you’re on the prowl for the right dental clinic in Ottawa, there are some tips that can make the search much easier. Use these tips to help you find a dentist who can give you the smile you deserve.
● Establish their credibility – Do some research before making any concrete plans. Check that your dentist has the proper license and training to perform cosmetic dentistry. They will need a advanced degree in general dentistry, or special training as a prosthodontist to be qualified. You should be able to find the proof you need on their website, or ask the office to ensure everything is in order.
● Ask about associations – Ask if the dentist is a member of an association like the Canadian Dental Association. This is less an indicator of quality than dedication. Being part of an association shows a serious interest in the field of dentistry if they are willing to invest in membership. Through membership, dentists can share information with colleagues to improve their knowledge and give you better care.
● Look for reviews – Reviews are always a good indicator of how well any business does its work. Look for testimonials on the dental clinic’s site to get some feedback. Hearing from patients gives you a more objective look at how the clinic does business compared to what you’ll hear from them. If possible, get word-of-mouth reviews from friends or family. Their accounts will be the most direct you can get, and they will be willing to recommend the dentist if they had a positive experience themselves.
● Ask for before-and-after pics – For extra proof of how good a cosmetic dentist is, look for any before and after pictures on their website. An experienced cosmetic dentist should have a gallery of before-and-after images for client review. Look for a case similar to yours to see if you find the results satisfactory. Take this as an opportunity to check the dentist’s skill before making any commitments.
● Inspect available services – Research what services your chosen clinic offers. Look for a dentist who specializes in the services you actually need. If your mouth needs specialized or extensive work, find a dentist specialized in those procedures. Alternatively, consider finding a clinic offering multiple services; this can save you time switching between different specialists.
● Consider comfort factor – Take comfort into account before making your appointment. You may have to sit in the chair for long periods of time, so it’s important you get comfortable with the office. Also pay attention to how friendly the staff are. You’ll get better results (especially with anaesthesia) if you can trust the staff right away.
● Ask about technology – Your dentist should have up-to-date equipment. Dentistry keeps evolving, and it’s important that the clinic keep up with recent developments. These new developments can make your appointments more easy and comfortable, helping you stay at ease. Ask what technology the dentist has available (including what anaesthesia they have).
● Consider time requirements – Remember to ask about time requirements. Ask your dentist for treatment and recovery times so you can make your plans more easily; for example, how long will it take them to finish procedures.
● Look for focus on patients – Always look for a patient-focused dentist; a dentist should put your needs and comfort first. Avoid a dentist that seems to be prioritizing an agenda over giving you proper care. Since every patients’ needs are different, your dentist should be able to explain clearly and honestly what they can do for you. A good cosmetic dentist will pay attention to your goals and help give you the smile you want.